Bad Rudy!


January 26, 2009 by esarsea


I’ve written a couple posts about my small investment in a publicly traded sports drink called Rudy, headed by Daniel “Rudy” Ruettinger. The first post was on August 30th, 2008 and the second post was on November 19, 2008. I hope my posts did not lead anyone to purchase this now worthless stock.

It’s been a long and increasingly ugly story. Rather than take the time to write out everything I’ve since discovered, I’d like to refer you to the Bad Rudy website. Of particular interest are the emails shared there. It may be that there’s some fraud involved. I suspect we’ll learn the truth eventually.

I am thankful I didn’t invest as heavily as I had wanted to. There are others not so fortunate. Penny stocks are always risky, but it’s even worse when the whole thing may be an elaborate scam. Again, only time will tell if there has been any illegal activity going on – but I will be watching with interest.

7 thoughts on “Bad Rudy!

  1. Bill says:

    Phew! Does that mean I can stop worrying about not investing on your Rudy!Rudy!Rudy! advice yet ;-}

  2. Bill says:

    You see, Joanie, I’m a spinelss twat when it comes to gambling. Stu is not a spineless twat when it comes to gambling.

    He understands that there is inherent risk in laying down your dough on a bet and there can be really nice rewards … or you can feel the color wash out of your face when you lose, like me.

    It was close for me on this one. I asked Stu how I could throw down $100 bucks on this back when and I didn’t-not because I’m wise, but because I’m a spineless twat when it comes to gambling.

  3. Stu says:

    I do have a bit of gamble in my blood. Always have, but the affliction really took hold about 11 years ago when Mary-Anne and I walked out of the Muckleshoot Bingo Hall in Auburn WA with about $54,000.

    As it has been (so accurately) said before; You can’t win the lottery if you don’t buy a ticket.

  4. Randy Spiker says:

    Stu said;
    “As it has been (so accurately) said before; You can’t win the lottery if you don’t buy a ticket.”

    Randy responds;
    So true but you have a better chance of being hit by Lightning on a clear day. :-)

  5. Stu says:

    Well Randy, I wouldn’t use that comparison for a reason not to drop a few bucks on the lottery every once in a while. Consider this:

    “According to Storm Data, a National Weather Service publication, over the last 30 years the U.S. has averaged 62 reported lightning fatalities per year. Due to under reporting, the figures are more realistically at least 70 deaths per year. Only about 10% of people who are struck by lightning are killed, leaving 90% with various degrees of disability.”

    Compare this to the numbers for the lottery in Washington State alone: In the last 365 days there has been $302,000,000 in winnings paid to 32,443,815 winners.

    Sure, the odds are against you winning. But spending a few bucks a week (about the cost of a combo meal at some fast-food place) is for me is a solid entertainment value!

  6. Joe says:

    You see Stu (and friends) the problem is that from the start some people wanted to sell beverage while others involved only wanted to sell stock ’till it wouldn’t be sold anymore.

    It was poisoned from the start. Why did some people poison a new company with GREAT POTENTIAL and others further poison it down its twisted road ? Cuz’ they could.

    The trials for ” TEAM POISON # 1 ” are about to start in Tulsa at the end of the month (3/10). Stay tuned ! Might be interesting to see what other ” TEAMS ” come to light.

Leave a Reply to Randy Spiker Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


January 2009

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 21 other followers

Blog Stats

  • 149,184 BS BLOG visits to date
%d bloggers like this: